Applicants interested in the CEMACUBE programme should be aware that the motivation letter plays an important role in the admission procedure. The motivation letter gives the Admission and Examination Committee relevant clues concerning the suitability of a candidate for the programme. Our experience from the past shows that candidates do often not realize that the motivation letter is one of the most important ingredients of the application package. We strongly advise candidates to avoid platitudes and to focus on their own personal motives and experience. Illustrating one's motivation by a concrete example ("I'm particularly intrigued by the following research question...") might be helpful in this respect. Candidates are advised to address at least the following points:
- Why do you choose for Biomedical Engineering as the main subject of your Master's programme?
- What does specifically interest you in this research area?
- Why do you apply for the CEMACUBE programme specifically, rather than to other comparable programme(s)?
- Why do you apply for a programme that is specifically oriented towards training in research and preparation for a subsequent PhD programme?
- Why do you think that you are suited for such an ambitious programme?
- How will you fit in a class of students from all over the world, all with different backgrounds but all belonging to thetop of their respective cohorts?
- What are your future plans for the time after you have got your M.Sc.?
Length of motivation letter: Maximum of 750 words and should fit on 1 page.